Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Maria Anita Avelar de Alvarado

Entrepreneur of The Banco Rio Grande, Tejutla
established by some funds from One Heart Action Group
added to those from donors to HELP International
(the cycle term of all the loans is 6 months with the payments collected monthly)

Age: 62
Business: Store
Loan Amount: $200 (US)
Loan Use: I purchased merchandise to extend my little shop
Payment amount: $45.33 (principal $33.33, Interest $6.00, Savings $6.00)

"From my youth I have worked and it makes me happy to see that my family does not go without and I now help my husband. I run a store as well as buy milk which I use to make curds that my daughters go out and sell. It has been difficult to grow my business because my home is far removed from the city. It is expensive to travel and we have to wait for our goods to be picked up, which only happens twice a day. For this reason I wanted to purchase sufficient merchandise to be able to sell enough and make enough profit. I still support one of my daughters who has epilepsy as well as two grandchildren. She takes care of the house when I go out to sell. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to participate in the bank."

No comments: